- Purchase gifts for family and friends. DONE
- Wrap gifts in my possession. DONE
- Write out and Mail Christmas Cards - DONE
- Put up the Christmas tree. DONE - but not by me, Brian does it every year.
- Clean the house. SORT OF DONE - bit when is it ever really all done anyway.
- Bake Cookies for Neighbors - Hmmm, sort of DONE, but I keep eating them and having to make more, there's something wrong with this strategy. Maybe I need to make them and deliver them all on one day.
- re-Cook or Prepare any items I can for Christmas Eve Dinner with Family. NOT DONE, who am I kidding, I haven't even started on this one, but I will in a couple of days.
- Stop, Breathe and Relax - I've tried to do this throughout, and sometimes it works.
I could of course add a million other little things that I should do, but how would that make the season any easier or simpler to get through, it wouldn't so I'm choosing this year not to worry about it, not to stress about it and certainly not to beat myself up over anything that doesn't get done. I will take a few moments each and every day to remember the good times from my childhood Christmases, times spent with my mom, dad and sisters, enjoying each and every moment and I'll never stop thinking about the wonderful Christmases when my girl was little and truly believed in Santa Claus, those memories will always get me through. How will you celebrate the holiday this year? Take time to remember the reason for the season, remember that everyone celebrates differently and above all ... don't stress, before you know it all the wrappings will be torn from the packages and off to the landfill, the food will be eaten, the cards will stop arriving and if you're lucky, you'll have lots of great moments to remember all the new year long. Most of all be thankful for every little thing, because so many go through the holidays with no one to share with, no meal to enjoy, no gifts to open and no memories to make. Life moves quickly ... don't let a moment slip by without saving a piece in your heart.