Thursday, April 23, 2015

TIME … it just continues to fly by!


Sunset on Seal Beach
When I was a little girl growing up I could never wait for tomorrow.
It seemed like the hours went by so slowly, especially when I was waiting.

I couldn't wait for summer to come and school to be over,
I couldn't wait for summer to end and school to start.
I couldn't wait for Friday so I could play all weekend with my friends,
and I couldn't wait for the weened to be over so I could go back to school with my friends.
I couldn't wait to be a little older so I could have more freedom,
and once I had that freedom and realized it came with responsibility
I wished I was young again and had no worries.
I couldn't wait for the ice-cream truck to come by at night, it seemed I waited for the tune from his truck all day long.
I couldn't wait for so many things,
especially to grow up and not have to answer to anyone.
Fast Forward … and I do mean fast up to today.
Here I am, all grown up and gosh don't I sometimes wish I could go back to being a child again.
My mom always said, "don't rush time, it goes fast enough". 
Wow, was she ever right.
She was pretty much right about everything, 
though I never would have told her that way back when.
She was a smart cookie, and brave too, she had it all together even though life tried so hard to knock her down on a daily basis.
Looking back,
I wish now I could go back to moments in my life and enjoy them all over again.
Enjoy the people who were such a big part of making me who I am.
I'd spend more time talking to my mom while she hung clothes on the line in our backyard.
I'd sit and crack more Brazil nuts for my dad and listen to his boyhood stories.
I'd walk down the boardwalk in Wildwood one last time with Brian.
I'd spend more time enjoying the little things in life,
because I know now how quickly life goes,
and
how short life really is in the grand scheme of things.
In memory of:
My dad, Charles Henry who has been gone  for almost 41 years.
My mom, Pauline Therese who has been gone for almost 8 years.
My husband, Brian Fielding who has been gone for 3 years.
******************
What we once enjoyed and deeply loved
we can never lose
for all that we love deeply
becomes a part of us.
-Helen Keller-

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I was pondering on that today actually, looking at heritage photos and thinking of my own life. Man 61 came in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete